POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : SMPOV Download disabled till tomorrow, an error condition and one feature request : SMPOV Download disabled till tomorrow, an error condition and one feature request Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:31:49 EDT (-0400)
  SMPOV Download disabled till tomorrow, an error condition and one feature request
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 14 Aug 2002 14:02:23
Message: <3d5a9b2f$1@news.povray.org>
After the first few hours and some early reports and discussions,
I've decided to do some additional changes after communications in another
forum-thread
 and with ABX .

We have 1 bug and 1 missing feature.

These changes will only be made in RenderAgent only.

About the bug: the 5 hrs. test has shown a memory leak condition that is a
side effekt
of new features (multithreading) that have been built in in "the last
moment".

DOWNLOAD of the new Version WILL BE DISABLED till this mistake is history.

I don't want distribute programms that crash after some time.The old version
(1 B) did not have that mistake so whoever has it can use it.

--Theo

PS: Its good to find all that small bugs as soon as possible.